Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bon Voyage!


      When I graduated from college, my aunt gave me the necklace in the picture above. I've liked the quote ever since, and it seems particularly fitting given what tomorrow holds. In just T-minus 14 hours, I will be on my first flight on my way to Kenya. If all goes well, I'll make all my connections, have a nice little 8-hour layover in Amsterdam, and after 30 hours I'll be arriving in Nairobi. Looking at the numbers it seems so simple, but it's still so unbelievable to think that it was just one week ago that I submitted my application to Medics to Africa.

Bon Voyage BBQ


     Now my bags are packed and sitting by the door, just waiting for a few last minute items. Everything I'll need for a month (and probably a couple more books than I really need) chillin' in two bags. Kind of crazy.

     Before I head out, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and supporting me in all this. I haven't even left for Kenya and it's already been quite the ride. I've felt incredibly blessed by everyone around me and a bit overwhelmed by all the love and generosity. Thank you all so much! It was great to see some of you today at my house, and I know there were others who wished they could come, but were unable. Please continue to keep me in your prayers and I'll try to keep you all updated on what's happening.


    

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Annika, I'm so excited for you. Hope you are having a great time. A time to learn new things, a time to think, a time to experience new things... Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete