Friday, September 5, 2014

Beauty in Small Things: Pacific Northwest Edition (10/30)

     Today marks the end of my first week of second year. It is so very good to be back. The summer break was great, but I think everyone in my program is ready to get started on our last year of classes. Before things get too crazy though, I have a few more posts I'm working on, including another edition of "Beauty in Small Things" (I still have one more in the works). Today's post is all pictures from the Pacific Northwest. There are so many pictures I could add to this post, but I'm restraining myself to ones that were taken on my recent visit home. Most are from Oregon, but there are some that were taken at my grandparents' house north of Seattle. Enjoy, and if you know the names of any of the plants I left unlabeled, let me know. 

Delicious Oregon blueberries
Queen Anne's Lace (Daucus carota
Succulent and moss in the Oneonta Gorge
Coconut shell in the Oneonta Gorge
Cairn in the Oneonta Gorge

Moss in the Oneonta Gorge
Fish in the Oneonta Creek, possibly a River Brown trout
Roses in the International Rose Test Garden


Lavender Dream Shrubs
Every rose has its thorns.
Over the Moon Tea Hybrid
Fuchsia, I believe this is the variety known as "DebRon's Blackberry Jeli"



Roses at home
Female Corn Spider (Argiope aurantia
The body is approximately 1" long

Closeup of an oak tree I've been growing since kindergarten 

Pansies with a slightly less pleasant guest waiting at the center 

Common chicory (Cichorium intybus)  

Bumblebee pollinating the chicory 
Million Bells Petunia (Calibrachoa

Blackberry leaves 
A variety of Dianthus flowers, possibly Dianthus alpinus 
Succulents in my grandma's garden 
My granddaddy's paint area 
My little second cousin has some adorable curls 
Toddler feet

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete