Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Interview Time has Arrived!


     This week I have my first interview for a Physician Assistant program. I'm at once excited to have finally arrived at this stage, as well as worried about what will happen once the interviews begin. Last week I was fortunate enough to have a mock interview with a friend who was once a member of the admissions board at a nearby PA program. Even though I knew it wasn't "for real," I was still rather nervous, especially since my friend made it as realistic as possible, complete with a timed essay and panel interview. Like the EMT practical exam, my "panel" used their poker faces, and I've realized that the lack of feedback is probably the most nerve-wracking part for me. I felt like I was trying to be honest and present myself as best I could, but I really wasn't sure how it was going. Apparently I did alright. Despite my nerves, I'm very glad I did the practice interview. At the very least I can approach these upcoming interviews with a better expectation of what questions will be asked, and I've already thought through many of them and have answered them within a similar context to what I'll soon be facing. While I'm still nervous about what Friday may hold, I certainly feel a bit better prepared. So, Thursday it's off to Idaho and my first interview. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment