Sunday, January 27, 2013

Brrr... It's Cold Outside

This was my life just 1 1/2 weeks ago.
My life this week.
























     The time has finally arrived for my final interview. These last few weeks have been fun, but I have to admit that it will be nice to be at home for more than three days at a time again. It'll also be nice to have to deal with just one temperature range again. I've gone from 12F in Idaho to 75F in California, and now I'm facing 22F plus windchill in Massachusetts. I'd forgotten just how quickly wind can turn your face into ice. At least all the places I've visited have been quite sunny. I don't often get to see the sun in the winter in Oregon, so it's nice to see a bit more of it, even if it's a bit too cold to stay outside long. 


     Despite all the crazy weather and the stress of interviewing, I've been pretty good about making these trips for interviews into mini-vacations. After my interview in Idaho I was able to stay in an old, historic hotel with my mom, and when I went down to California I not only got to stay with my wonderful aunt and uncle, but I also got to go to Disneyland. Considering how nerve-wracking interviews can be, I think an afternoon of fun was the perfect way to de-stress. My last interview is in Massachusetts, and there is no Disneyland there. However, I might have something even better. I did my undergraduate studies in Massachusetts, so many of my friends are still in New England, and coming back here for an interview means it's reunion time. I've been here since last Wednesday night and it's been just wonderful. Sure there's no roller coasters or people dressed as cartoon characters, but I think ice-skating, cannolis, trips to the beach (wind and all), chats over coffee, and good times just hanging out with good people may trump the happiest place on earth. No matter how my interview on Thursday goes, this trip was definitely worth it. 

All bundled up and ready for ice-skating.

1 comment:

  1. Annika I'm so glad you were able to make it over to Boston-talk about great timing with your interview. Oh how I miss Gordo and all the adventures surrounding ol' Mass. Keep rockin it with your PA endeavors!

    ReplyDelete